Friday, February 29, 2008

Book Tag

So no shortage of books in my house, but when this popped up on Twisted's blog I chuckled. My books fall into two catagories. Well three, but I don't count my kids books as mine.

A. Books I read like crazy. Stephen King, semi fantasy or sci fi and horror.

B. Books I've picked up at antique stores or estate sales to lay around the house to make it feel more like home.

So when the tag said to pick up the next nearest book I knew it would be of the second category as theres one on the table at my back.

Here's the tag.


1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five other people.


And here is the excerpt from A Short History of England by Edward P. Cheyney. Copyright 1904

"On the same occasion he did homage to the king. That is to say, he knelt before the king and took an oath to be faithful to him. This was followed by the consecration , a religious service in which the new bishop or abbot was inducted by the archbishop or some other bishops into the religious functions of his position. "

I enjoyed the book when I picked it up, its worn in some spots, the pages are long ago yellowed and it is written quite nicely. While I wouldn't call myself a history buff or lover, I do from time to time enjoy picking up books on other places. Especially when they were written before my time.


It was sold for $1.40 at a drug store at some point in the past, it's got a little stamp in the corner. Theres also an address and a few lines written in pencil. There are lines underlined and small notes in the margin throughout the book which make me smile when I come across them.


Alright.....5 other people.

Hmm...tell you what I always feel so pressed by these things to choose just the right people. And I know there are so many tags floating out there that it seems they never end. So I tell you what. If you feel like sharing a book, do so then post a comment here letting me know you have. I've always got an eye out for something new and love to see others views on books. So share, ^-^

No comments: